Monday Nov 20, 2023
Monday Nov 20, 2023
Monday Nov 20, 2023
Josh Dech has a deep understanding of the gut-brain connection. He is an ex-paramedic, and Holistic Nutritionist, specializing in gut health. It was the successes his clients have had with complex digestive diseases, previously thought to be impossible, that got him connected to some of the world’s most renowned doctors.
Since then, he’s been recruited to the Priority Health Academy as a medical lecturer, helping educate doctors on the holistic approach to gut health, and complex digestive issues. Gut health is known to be connected to mental health, emotions, sleep, productivity, concentration, hormones, inflammation, sickness, detoxification, cravings, relationships, and more. Our lives can be severely impacted by an unhealthy gut.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- Kyle, a mentor of mine.
Effect On Emotions
- Mindfulness has affected my emotions dramatically. So I have ADHD. It's something I've dealt with a long time, and actually fixing my gut 99 percent improved it to the point that you'd never know I have it. Unless … you live with me.
- And so when I was going through a lot of this process, trying to fix it, I was trying Vyvanse and other drugs. I was having mood swings, outbursts, and suicidal thoughts. Like I was a mess emotionally and psychologically.
- And after coming through that and healing up my gut, I was able to then look back and see what was going on and how miserable my wife was during this process.
- And, you know, God love her for sticking with me. And we went to counseling and did all this stuff.
- And a lot of it came back to how my body was creating chemicals in my brain, and so the mindfulness of my physical body allowed me a reflective mindfulness of my psychological body.
Thoughts On Breathing
- So, breathing is interesting because we live in a world where we are deoxygenated. Gary Brekka is a fellow who's getting very famous right now through 10X Health, and he's famous for this quote; he says, the presence of oxygen is the absence of disease, and we do live in deoxygenated states.
- If I take your blood right now, Bruce, and I look at it under a microscope, your blood cells are probably aggregated, not coagulated, but aggregated electronically. They'd be drawn together like static cling.
- And so if we go out and just simply go 10 minutes in the earth, touch barefoot to the dirt in the earth, you discharge all these ions, those blood cells open up. Which means you have more surface area, which means you have more room for oxygenation.
- And by getting into the sunlight, getting infrared on your skin, getting a touch in the earth, we hyper oxygenate our bodies.
- You can add up to 16 times more oxygen to your mitochondrial cells. Imagine having 16 times more oxygen and, with it, more energy. And so breath works a very important part following guys like Wim Hof.
- What I'll do before an interview like this, I'll sit down for five to eight minutes, I'll do 30 breaths, really dramatic in and out.
- And on the last breath, I exhale, a comfortable exhale, and I just hold it as long as I can. It's a minute, two minutes. You keep going, you go three minutes, four minutes, you'll be able to hold your breath and we hyper oxygenate the tissue. And that gives me better digestion, better breath, better energy, better mental clarity, all these things.
- My body starts to work better with that oxygen.
- When I began my career, it was marked by significant changes. Dr. Semmelweis faced ostracism for his innovative ideas, a fate common to those introducing novelty; humans inherently resist change. Challenges, arguments, even hostility—these greeted my bold assertion: I'd discovered a breakthrough in reversing dreadful diseases. I posted on Facebook, proclaiming that nine out of ten cases of ulcerative colitis could be reversed, countering the prevalent notion in Western medicine of relying solely on drugs and hoping to avoid drastic surgeries.
- My stance led to a faculty position as a medical lecturer, discussing our successful reversal methods. But when I shared this on Reddit, backlash ensued. I was harassed, threatened, and my bookings hijacked. Many were defensive, unable to accept an alternative approach. It was tough; I almost gave up. Yet, the community I'd aided rallied, sharing stories of relief after years of suffering. Their support amidst the bullying rekindled my resolve to pursue change.
- Book: The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McCone
- Books: The Autoimmune Solution by Dr. Amy Myers
- App: Audible and Spotify
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach and hypnotist helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Time Is Right' in the subject line. We'll schedule a call to discuss how you can move forward to a better life.|