Karen Millsap is the founder of the community, Groflo. At only 29 years old, she suddenly became a widow when her husband, Richard, was tragically killed. On her journey of healing, she discovered immensely effective habits and lifestyle changes that helped her find her way back to a whole heart. Karen is also the Founder & CEO of Egency, a training firm that helps organizations create a human-centric culture with compassion and empathy. Her client list includes NBC's Golf Channel, Sprint, Universal Studio Resorts and many more! Karen's work has been featured in Forbes, on Good Morning Washington, MSNBC, and a variety of podcasts. She's also a regular contributor to Arianna Huffington's THRIVE Global community.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Company: Groflo
- Website: www.karenmillsap.com
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/karenmillsapmotivation/
- Instagram: @The.Groflo https://www.instagram.com/the.groflo/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karenallenmillsap
Most Influential Person
- Eckhart Tolle www.EckhartTolle.com
Effect on Emotions
- I've been able to control my emotions instead of being controlled by them.
- There were certainly those days when the tears were rolling and the anger was on a hundred and I could have made some bad decisions. But I remember specifically saying, ‘no, that's not me, those are my emotions and I don't have to own them.'
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is absolutely part of my mindfulness. At night when grief was thick, it was hard to fall asleep and I learned this technique of inhaling on one, exhaling on two, counting to ten and then starting back on one.
- That really helped me to fall asleep. It also helps my son. Sometimes our minds are just busy and it's not always busy with grief, but that is where I learned that technique.
- Book: Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- App: Headspace https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app
Thinking of launching your own podcast? You’ll need a host; a place to upload your episodes. Podbean is awesome. Podbean is built specifically for podcasters, been around for 10 years and the pricing is super competitive. It’s $9 a month, no matter how much content you upload and they have great stats as well. You can help support Mindfulness Mode AND get a month of free hosting with my affiliate link. Go to www.Podbean.com/PodbeanMM