Justin Stenstrom is a nationally-acclaimed life coach, author, entrepreneur, and speaker. He is the founder of EliteManMagazine.com and the host of the Elite Man Podcast on iTunes. Once anxious, insecure, depressed, and unhappy, Justin has overcome many of life’s greatest obstacles and now uses his insight into healthy mindset and mindfulness as powerful ways to help other men reach confidence and success!
Most Influential Person
- Eckhart Tolle (Author of The Power of Now)
Effect on Emotions
- I've been able to control my emotions. I'm a pretty even-keeled person. I don't really get upset too often, I don't really fly off the handle. My dad is a hot-head, I have that in my genes. I've been in control of that side, but I don't get too upset, I don't get too down. When I do get down, I understand that it's kind of a period of time, something that everyone has to go through, and I kind of go with it as opposed to trying to fight it so much. I stay aware of my over-all well-being at that point and just understand that it's going to be okay. I might be a little sad or a little down from time to time.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I don't specifically focus on my breathing but I do make sure that I'm always breathing correctly and that I meditate especially. I meditate once every couple of weeks for 15 or 20 minutes and that's where I really focus on just breathing, long deep breaths, taking my time and just being in my own head and aware of my own feelings. My meditations a little different than your typical meditation. I'm not necessarily focusing on just my breathing but I'm more meditating on my thoughts and ideas. I like to brainstorm things while I'm meditating and really have that peaceful time to think about my feelings and my thoughts and all my internal things that I don't necessarily get the time to just sit down and think about. I focus on my breathing and make sure I'm very relaxed because I know how important it is to be relaxed.
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Book: Approaching Women: A Step-By-Step Guide To Getting More Dates
- Book: Dr. Andrew Dobson, Hypnotist www.MindFitHypnosis.com
- App: No apps to recommend
Mindfulness Meets Bullying Story
The example I like to give and this happens all the time is this. Picture you have a seven year old boy, this boy's going to school and he's getting bullied, he getting called names like ugly, fat, or loser, he's getting picked on. He has all these negative inputs in his brain. This starts to shape his mindset and how he feels about himself. This is hitting his subconscious brain. He starts to have problems like anxiety, panic attacks, depression, low self-esteem, no friends, no self-confidence. This is how impactful this can be on someone's life. As he grows older, he's 13, 14 or 15 years old, he's one of these kids who brings a gun or a knife to school. The core issue is being able to tell bullies and help kids understand the impact of what they say and how much that can impact another child's life.