Daniel Hayes is on a unique and interesting journey; he is pursuing a gold medal in the 2016 Olympics as a boxer representing Trinidad and Tobago. Based in California, he is an authority on fitness, nutrition, and boxing as well as the athletic mindset, perseverance and how that applies to life. Daniel is also an actor. After one semester in college as a Kinesiology major, he switched to Theater. Daniel currently trains at the world famous Wild Card Boxing Club and aspires to motivate and inspire others. Daniel practices mindfulness every single day.
- Website: www.daniel-hayes.com
Most Influential Person
- George St.Pierre
- Kobe Bryant
Effect on Emotions
- One hundred percent it has because it allows you to be calm and master your emotions because your emotions can result in some of the most erratic actions. It really helps you and for me to really think logical before I react out of emotion.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is a big part of it just because with anything, with breathing, air, oxygen that's what keeps you centered. That's me when I am practicing yoga but that what keeps you centered and that's what keeps your body centered. So even throughout both physically or mentally our most tedious points or experiences, breathing is always what will keep you centered.
- Book: Rafa by Rafael Nadal
Advice for Newbie
- The most important thing is momentum and what I mean by that is breaking it down to very very small steps. I once heard that habit is formed after three weeks. After practicing something for three weeks it becomes a habit so whether it's making sure you just drink two liters of water a day, just something as simple as that. If you are continually building on that and making that a habit and practicing it over and over again you are going to build momentum and then you're going to be able to take on something else. For mindfulness start small and build on it, gain momentum to move forward.
Thank You Bonus:
As a thank you for listening, download your Calm Your Busy Mind Infographic. It focuses on breathing, exercise and mantras. Please leave your name and email you'll receive your infographic in your inbox right away. Download It here.