The brain is a fascinating topic. It is in control of this body of ours, at least it appears to be. We can learn so much about the brain, but it ultimately is why we practice mindfulness, to calm it down. Today I'm happy to chat with Alex Hofeldt about the brain and he suggests its a little likethe battery on our cell phone. Don't leave it plugged in all the time, you need to give that battery a chance to rest between charges. You'll hear him share his interesting insight into the brain and its complex functions. Thanks for joining us here on Mindfulness Mode.
- Alex Hofeldt
- Featured in Mindfulness Mode Episode 76 Let Your Brain Have a Monologue of Love, Compassion & Understanding; Alex Hofeldt
- To understand the immeasurable, the brain must be extraordinarily quiet, still. - Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Scientists say we know less about the brain than we do about the universe. - Alex Holfeldt
- To let your cell phone last the longest, you have to lose the charge; that's how the mind works. If you're constantly putting in stimulus it can't reach it's full capacity. Alex Holfeldt
- When you do fitness and nutrition your body creates happy drugs. Alex Holfeldt
- The Unteathered Soul by Michael Singer
- The Race to Nowhere Documentary
Thank You Bonus:
As a thank you for listening, download your Calm Your Busy Mind Infographic. It focuses on breathing, exercise and mantras. Please leave your name and email you'll receive it in your inbox right away. Download It here.