Justin Crossley drinks beer for a living. At least that’s what he told us from the stage at a recent event where he was a featured speaker. Justin founded the The Brewing Network in 2005, grouping together a multimedia beer loversresource which leads the way in sharing information about craft beer, beer radio shows, podcasts, video and live events. Justin not only enjoys beer, he enjoys being mindful and uses his knowledge of mindfulness to stay focused with his many beer-related responsibilities.
- Company: www.TheBrewingNetwork.com
Most Influential Person
- My Psychology Professor
Effect on Emotions
- I'm a really emotional guy. I wear my heart on my sleeve and mindfulness helps me to be aware of that. And aware that other people aren't like that and sometimes I can make them uncomfortable by spilling my emotions all over the place. I have to be mindful of that and know where and when to reign that in.
Thoughts on Breathing
- A lot of times I can't sleep at night, and laying there and taking deep breaths in and out, because my mind is just crazy, it's going a million miles an hour and if I'm just focused on breathing in and breathing out it really helps to slow me down. It's one of the only times that I think I'm being particularly mindful by doing a physical activity.
- Book: The Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Book: Hamlet's BlackBerry: A Practical Philosophy for Building a Good Life in the Digital Age by William Powers
- App: BaseCamp (Project Management)
- App: ToDoist
Advice for Newbie
Choose your beer wisely. Pick something that you really enjoy. Think about what you like; do you like sweet, do you like bitter? And then consider the alcohol content. Sit down with a beer, whether it's your favourite or something new that you want to try and just focus on the balance of the beer. Let's forget about the balance of ourselves for a second. I think that's the ultimate goal, but let's focus on the balance of the beer. And I think that you'll find yourself really in the moment with that beer.
Thank You Bonus:
As a thank you for listening, download your free copy of my book, Cracking The Success Code. I teamed up with Brian Tracy, along with some other entrepreneurs to create the best-selling book called Cracking The Success Code: The World's Leading Experts Reveal Their Top Secrets To Help You Crack The Code For Optimum Health, Wealth and Success. You'll hear more about my story and how I became an anti-bullying advocate which later led to mindfulness and my mindfulness coaching. Download the book free at MindfulnessMode.com/cracking. Enter your name and email and you'll have your book downloaded in no time. Enjoy the book, Mindful Tribe.