Nick Seneka Jankel is a Cambridge-educated scientist who, very reluctantly at first, was called to become a spiritual teacher. He struggled for many years with how to reconcile his profound experiences of the transformational power of spirituality and meditation with his belief in science and reason (and his disdain for superstitions of any kind). Realizing millions of people who identify as “spiritual not religious” – around 25% of the US population today – struggle with the same thing, he has spent the last few years writing a book that tells of his quest to unite science and wisdom into a rigorous and radical life philosophy that ensures we can heal ourselves, transform our problems and thrive in life, in love, and in leadership. Nick is not a traditional spiritual teacher and transformational coach. He has taught at the business schools of Yale & Oxford, spoken at No.10 Downing Street by invite of the Prime Minister, contributed to The Economist and The Guardian, and was a TV host on a network show for the BBC. He has also been a guest on Hay House Radio, spoken at Google HQ, headlined at Conscious Life Expo in LA and shared his ideas on science and spirituality at Aspen Ideas Festival.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.SwitchOnNow.com
- Book: Spiritual Atheist www.switchonnow.com/books/spiritual-atheist-nick-jankel
Most Influential Person
- My wife.
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has given me freedom.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Ah, breathing, it's the thing. It's the best hack there is. The quickest and the best and the essential.
- Book: I love original texts. Zhuangzi (Chuang-tzu), but which today is equally considered to be the fruit of wisdom of a number of people. Although Zhuangzi was published after the Daode Jing , its compilation began earlier.
Tauism in China, Ancient Philosophy and Religion www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/taoism.htm
- App: FreeMind is a Java-based, cross-platform solution which is designed to make the process as intuitive as possible via ‘child' and ‘sibling' links that hopefully build your map into something meaningful. www.Freemind.en.softronic
- App: buddhify.com/the-app Buddhify is a meditation & mindfulness app designed to fit busy lifestyles. With a beautiful design & easy user experience, it is loved all over the world.
Do you want to become more calm, relaxed, peaceful, and content? If so, you can learn how by downloading this free ‘Waves of Content' Meditation by Bruce Langford. Unlock the secrets of calm by downloading the meditation here at MindfulnessMode.com/wavesofcontent