July 21, 2021
David Richman is an author, public speaker, philanthropist, and endurance athlete whose mission is to form more meaningful human connections through storytelling. His first book, Winning in the Middle of the Pack, discussed how to get more out of ourselves than ever imagined. David’s newest book, Cycle of Lives, shares the interconnected stories of people overcoming trauma and delves deeply into their emotional journeys with cancer.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- Our emotions are the only thing that really connect us all. We can all point to so many people and so many things in our life where you could say just be real. Just tell me what you're feeling. Yet you say one thing and you're acting a different way.
- I think the connection to our emotion and our connection to other people through our emotions is really the most powerful thing we have between us as humans.
- For me, being mindful of my emotions and being comfortable with them and allowing myself to have self-compassion when I'm not the best emotional person I can be; I'll try to get better at that.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Running is all about controlling your breath and swimming too. Breath work is important. It is an area I am exploring right now in my life.
- I'm being very direct and deliberate about breathing.
- Book: Cycle of Lives by David Richman
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- App: I have a Garmin Connect watch. I always look at my stress level and sleep info, and resting heart rate. I think that's important because it lets you know when you're stressed out. I suggest you use any app that allows you to understand your physiology and how those things will affect your moods, your biorhythms, your ability to stay healthy, your ability to be present and calm
- I had a rough childhood and one of the things I went through and how I dealt with some of my issues was to be a bully. I was bullied and I vividly remember some instances that still scar me to this day, but I also know I did the same to other people.
- I can understand how being more mindful while being bullied is important, but I think if I had been more mindful at the time, that would have prevented me from being a bully.
- If somebody would have said to me that you can deal with the difficult time that you're going through in a different way, if I'd had a safe space where I could be myself or to have somebody give me some guidance on how to come to terms on issues that weren't perfect, then maybe I wouldn't have lashed out at others.
- Get Off The Cycle and Run; Rodney C. Burris
- 362 Discover Mindfulness In Ultramarathon Running; Deepak Shukla
- 162 Running To Focus On The Inside With Diz Runs Host Denny Krahe
|Use hypnosis to help others stop struggling with their deep-rooted issues like weight loss, smoking, painful experiences. Are you a coach or a healer who would love to have new skills to help your clients? Hypnosis can help people reach goals faster and easier than you thought possible. Become a hypnotherapist. The Cascade Hypnosis Center offers world-class training. www.CascadeHypnosisCenter.com
|Have you been trying to break through a mind block? Are you discouraged? It’s not hopeless. YOU CAN DO IT. I coach people just like you. Are you struggling with hate, pain, and anger? I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing hypnotist, and I love to help people just like you! Feel good about your life and accomplishments. Regain confidence. Book a Free Consultation to get you on the road to contentment. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘David Richman' in the subject line.