Forrest Willett is a sought-after speaker and survivor of two traumatic brain injuries. The first was at 2 years old and the second was when he was 31, his life was forever as a result of a violent car accident. He had to relearn all the basic necessities over again – reading, writing, the ability to speak fluently, memory was a big issue. Forrest suffered from depression for over 5 years. He was 31 years old with a 2-year-old son, he had an excellent career, his business was booming. He felt helpless and hopeless. He was forced to make some tough decisions, like taking 100% responsibility for his life and giving up all blaming and excuses and complaining. To begin to overcome these limitations he had to quit looking back. He would wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and expect his former self to be there. He realized he did have a new chance at life, he could start over and make his new life a great life.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.ForrestWillett.com
- Book: Baseballs Don't Bounce by Forrest Willett
- Book: 12 Hugs To Happiness by Forrest Willett
Most Influential Person
- Jack Canfield https://www.jackcanfield.com/
Effect on Emotions
- I would say that mindfulness has taught me to love and accept myself just the way I am. When I can do that, that's all I need in the world.
Thoughts on Breathing
- The breathing lessons that I've learned from my speech therapist and my occupational therapist are that they fill the brain with oxygen and get the oxygen flowing in the brain.
- People who are depressed and anxious .... would probably take short, shallow breaths. Take in deep breaths and hold it for a few seconds and relax, it calms your whole body.
- Book: The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Book: How To Start Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
- App: Headspace.com
Mental Toughness Special Offer
These challenging times are tough for many of us. Understanding how to have mental toughness can help us take control and move forward in the best way possible, leaving behind overwhelming stress and panic. One of the quickest ways to learn mental toughness is right here:
* www.MindfulnessMode.com/tough Use coupon code "bruce" to receive a discount.
Note: The above link is an affiliate link, meaning Bruce Langford will receive a commission if you decide to make a purchase through this link. There is no cost to you, the purchaser.