Jerry Yudelson is the Earth Day co-founder and author of the upcoming memoir, The Godfather of Green: An Eco-Spiritual Memoir. In The Godfather of Green: An Eco-Spiritual Memoir, Jerry shows how the serious practice of meditation and mindfulness can go hand-in-hand with practical and radical ecology. The message is simple: change yourself before you try to change the world. This edict is close to Jerry’s heart and he has become known worldwide as “The Godfather of Green.”
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.JerryYudelson.net
- Blog: www.ReinventingGreenBuilding.com
Most Influential Person
- My first teacher, Swami Muktananda
Effect on Emotions
- Occasionally you might have a blip of anger or sometimes you might think someone is being a little unfair. It's at that time that something kicks in.
- There's nothing to be angry about, instead how can you understand what this person is trying to say or what they are doing.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathe in deep, breathe out long.
- I have this app on my Apple watch and every now and then it pops up and says breathe. For 60 seconds you can stop and breathe and it will give you a tap on the shoulder.
- You begin to see this connection between mind and breath as a pathway into meditation but also as an awareness [asking] am I breathing now, am I calm and centered? Because if you're breathing deeply in and out, you're going to be calm and centered. It's impossible not to be.
- Book: Play of Consciousness: A Spiritual Autobiography by Swami Muktananda
- App: Breathe (on Gerry's Apple watch)