Soren Russow was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation (A-Fib) over 15 years ago at only 31 years of age. He was expecting his first child at the time (he now has three amazing daughters), he was playing competitive beach volleyball and eating well. Why did this happen? Would he be taking pharmaceuticals for the rest of his life?
Soren made a decision to tackle this condition in a natural way and become a guinea pig of sorts. Through his research and experimentation, he has found great results in easing his A-fib and is empowered to share his findings with others.
Through harnessing his story and results, Soren has shared his transformation with many people at various conferences online and in-person. He made it to the District Public Speaking Championships (Toastmasters International Speech Contest) three years in a row with this powerful message.
Recently, Soren has become a Transformational Coach helping those with A-Fib discover natural solutions to transition from overwhelm around their A-Fib condition to living with more vitality and ease.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- Matti Anttila Laughter Yoga Teacher
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness really helps my emotions because when you look at something and you go, oh my gosh, I can't believe someone did that, and you start to judge and go into this whole story, and then you redefine that thought.
- Then what happens is, it turns you from kind of a depressed state to more of an elated state of mind. That switch can happen so quickly but it takes awareness and consciousness of where that's happening.
- Being able to analyze your thoughts and be able to redefine them, has made a huge shift.
- Marcy Shimoff, who wrote Happy For No Reason, talks about the happiness set-point. So ultimately, we want to increase our happiness set-point. We all have a happiness set-point but it can be adjusted and moved up but that takes time and that takes awareness.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing helps me access the now or the present moment. One of my favorite writers is Eckhart Tolle, and The Power of Now is a fantastic book.
- When you just focus on breathing and take the time to consciously breathe, you're not thinking about all those things. You're just right here, in the present moment. That's where breathing, and then meditation, when you go into deep breathing for a long period of time, you start to allow yourself to just be.
- We're called human beings, after all, and sometimes I think we should be called human doings because we put such a value on the doing. We need to focus on the being as well.
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Book: Happy For No Reason Marci Shimoff
- Book: Ease Your A-Fib by Soren Russow
- Apps : N/A
- When I was around 13, in grade 8, I had a really rough year. I ended up having to change schools. Both of my parents had lost their jobs during the recession. This was in the early 80s.
- I just had one pair of shorts, one pair of pants, a t-shirt, a sweater and I was going to a school where there were a lot of rich kids. They started to bully me a lot. I'm almost 6′ 3″ now, but I was the shortest in my class in grade 8.
- They would say nasty things to me and they would stuff me in lockers and lock the lockers so I would be in darkness for a couple hours. It was awful.
- One time I was attacked by two guys in my class and they pushed me over, close to this creek when I was on my way home. One of them jumped on me and the other one pulled off my shirt. The other one started to twist my nipple. It's called purple nurple; they twisted it so much that it started to turn purple.
- I was also thrown in garbage cans and rolled down the hallways of the school. I got through the school year with a lot of difficulty.
- I really could have used laughter at that time. I suppressed my tears. I was playing soccer at the time. My father was the type of person who said, “be tough”. A lot of the time I was suppressing my emotions, so laughter would have been very useful for me.
- 482 Choosing Happiness With Positivity Expert Rudrani Devi
- 463 Internationally Recognized Happiness Expert; Patti Montella
- 501 The Neuroscience Of Health, Hormones and Happiness; Dr. Sarah McKay
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? Peace is within your grasp. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. See me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Soren' in the subject line. We'll set up a zoom call and talk about how you can move forward to a better life. Send me an email at email@example.com|