Monday Oct 23, 2023
Monday Oct 23, 2023
Monday Oct 23, 2023
Christian Yordanov is a Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner. He is also the author of Autism Wellbeing Plan: How to Get Your Child Healthy. His book is a comprehensive resource for parents to understand the most common health problems that autistic children suffer from and how to address them. His health research covers many areas, including autism and children’s health, pregnancy preparation and recovery. It also deals with optimizing health and longevity.
As a health professional, Christian uses advanced lab testing to identify hidden metabolic and health imbalances and teaches clients how to use diet, supplementation, detoxification, and stress reduction to improve their lives. He also helps with sleep optimization to address chronic health issues and transform their health.
Christian is a certified Buteyko breathing instructor, Pn1 Nutrition Coach, GrowBaby practitioner and DNAfit trainer. He is also certified in personal training, fitness instruction, and sports and event massage therapy. He hosts two podcasts, Connecting Minds and Children’s Health Podcast.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.christianyordanov.com
- Book: Autism Wellbeing Plan: How to Get Your Child Healthy by Christian Yordanov
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- As I've gotten older, I've found that I can step back and think about what someone said or a situation before reacting. When I was younger, I used to be more impulsive, but with age, I've learned to pause.
- Now, instead of feeling the need to respond immediately, I can remove myself from the situation and give it some time. It's not about answering right away; it's about taking a step back and coming to a decision later, maybe even a few hours or a day after.
- I think it's all a part of the journey of mastering my emotions, and I believe that this process continues as I become more mature.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I learned about the Buteyko breathing method from an expert in Ireland named Patrick McKeown, who learned it directly from Dr. Constantine Buteyko, who, I think, was Ukrainian or Russian.
- Dr. Buteyko noticed that people who were very sick tended to breathe very shallowly, and this observation led to the development of the Buteyko method.
- In our modern world, many of us tend to over-breathe or hyperventilate, taking in more air than we need. The Buteyko method is all about training your body to breathe less air and slowing down your breath. It should be so subtle that it's almost imperceptible. This method has shown positive results, especially for people with conditions like anxiety and ADHD.
- Breathing through your nose and at a slower pace, around 10 to 12 breaths per minute, can have significant benefits.
- Over-breathing can alter the blood's pH and make it harder for oxygen to reach your cells, even if you're breathing rapidly. Breathing re-education is a bit like mindfulness or meditation – it's a subtle practice that can help you become calmer and more focused.
- Book: Autism Well Being Plan, How to Get Your Child Healthy by Christian Yordanov
- Book: The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
- App: n/a
- When I was nine years old, my family moved from Bulgaria to South Africa, and it was a big change for me. I couldn't speak English, so I felt different, and that made me a target for bullies at school.
- I learned that sometimes you have to stand up to bullies, even though I'm not proud of some of the fights I got into as a kid.
- But what's really interesting is that when I went back to Bulgaria six years later, I was once again the “different” one, and bullying happened again. I've been on both sides of it; I've been bullied, and I've even bullied others, although I now know it's not the right way to handle it.
- Now, I believe it's crucial to teach kids to stand up to bullies, but you have to be mindful about it. It's important to remember that bullies are often hurting inside. We need to approach them with empathy and not take their actions personally. By doing so, we can defuse the situation and avoid carrying the pain with us.
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach and hypnotist helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Time Is Right' in the subject line. We'll schedule a call to discuss how you can move forward to a better life.|