David Nielson is a life-long corporate leader after spending 18 years in the corporate world and another 33 years consulting to organizations and coaching executives. He’s been a frequent speaker at Chief Executive Network, Management Resources Association, Training Directors Forum, and many other organizations. His book, The 9 Dimensions of Conscious Success: It's All About You, is a reflection of all that David learned on his life journey.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- John Jones, mentor of David and co-founder of University Associates in 1973
Effect on Emotions
- “It made me more present with those whom I have relationships, it made me more conscious of how I am in the moment, and it has caused me to be better.”
- “I'm a work in progress so it has caused me to be more effective when I might be hooked into a high level of emotional intensity.”
Thoughts on Breathing
- “It is very important to me.
- Book: Magic of Conflict by Thomas Crum
- Book: The 9 Dimensions of Conscious Success by David Nielson
- App: n/a
- “Bullying can exist anywhere. It is about the image of power or perceived power and the heart of it is insecurity.”
- “There's a senior-level executive, a scientist at a large pharmaceutical firm and he is very smart. He used his intelligence as his tool for bullying.”
- “As I was facilitating an agenda, I called out his behavior relative to the objective of what we are trying to achieve in the meeting. I attempted to remain very calm and not engage because the bullying was not directed to me. It helped calm him a little bit.”
- “Mindfulness in the part of the recipient of bullying is to don't engage in the same way.”