Marcus Aurelius Anderson is an inspiring speaker, executive coach and author of the new book, The Gift of Adversity. While serving in the United States Army, Marcus was seriously injured; paralyzed as he prepared to deploy with 10th Mountain Light Infantry Division. After a life-saving surgery, Marcus was filled with gratitude but unable to walk. His injury was the wake up call he needed to begin to live his life with true purpose. Now having overcome some of those health issues, Marcus teaches others how to take actionable steps in order to live life to the max.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: marcusaureliusanderson.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/marcusaureliusanderson/
- Book: The Gift of Adversity
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has allowed me to differentiate what's real and what's imagined. What's the reality and what's fear.
- It can help you step out of the situation, look at it logically, be mindful of what's really going on and not what my ego or my emotions are telling me to do. By doing that, it allows me to have clarity.
Thoughts on Breathing
- It's very important for meditation. Recently this year, I started doing Wim Hof breathing. When I'm done working out, I do the cold shower and do Wim Hof breathing.
- It kickstarts my day for sure.
- Book: Thick Face, Black Heart: The Warrior Philosophy for Conquering the Challenges of Business and Life by Chin-ning Chu
- App: Tabata Timer
Become more calm, focused and happy by reading the top 12 books recommended on the Mindfulness Mode Podcast. This mini 14-page ebook entitled '12 Must-Read Mindfulness Books' outlines each of the top books recommended by guests on the show. Get your digital copy now at MindfulnessMode.com/top12books