Ian Morris heals with sound. He has over 20 years experience in the creative arts field. He uses sound and frequency and healing vibes to create something he calls, Frequency Minded Music. Ian’s goal with this music is to help those that struggle and feel alone, so that they find hope and become empowered to heal, grow and be whole again. Frequency minded music incorporates various melodies that are introduced throughout the duration of a song and are played in a key which resonates for healing in each specific client. This method of sound healing follows a different approach compared to traditional sound therapies such as those using tuning forks, gongs or singing bowls. Ian has worked with organizations such as United Way, Hospice, and Meals On Wheels.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.ListeningToSmile.com
- Email: Ian@ListeningToSmile.com
- Music: www.ListeningToSmile.bandcamp.com
- Spotify: Listening To Smile
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- When I was younger I definitely had a lot of anger issues and I think I attributed it to the frustration of being bullied and going through the frustration of wanting my mind to be working like everyone else's. And it wasn't.
- And so I was constantly in a state of frustration and anger. And, I think what mindfulness and meditation has done for me is it's helped me to realize that everyone's not the same and that we all have our strengths in certain areas. And to be okay with that, to let go of needing to be like everyone else and to become more me.
- You are the only you and that's your true power.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I would say breath is probably the biggest for me in the meditation routine because I feel like 10 slow inhales and exhales can change anyone's mood, just in the snap of a finger. And I think that it gives more oxygen to your body, your organs work different, your whole system functions differently when you give it the oxygen that it needs.
- We go through life in such a hustle-bustle that we forget that we're not even breathing at all. We're just kind of surviving there. And so breath is very, very powerful for altering moods and setting the tone for my meditation. It's very powerful.
- Book: The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
- Book: Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- App: Insight Timer https://insighttimer.com/
- Yeah, so right off the bat, the first thing I think about is having dyslexia. I was made fun of a tremendous amount in school. In dealing with that learning disability. I took longer for tests and I had a hard time in school when I was younger.
- The big thing was that you would read chapters and then copy those chapters to page and they wanted you to learn from that. And I was just not that kind of person. Plus I had a hard time from that transference from the book to the page. But if someone would talk about it in front of me, I would remember every single thing that they said.
- I was very into the auditory learning. You know, basically sound and voice. Still to this day, if an actor comes on screen and if I don't see them, I can just recognize them from their voice even if it's an obscure person that was on a show from six months ago that was just like a guest appearance. That was just always the way I learned.
- I was called dumb and stupid and just had a really hard time. Fourth grade through eighth grade, it was just really hard. I got bullied a lot and had a lot of issues where I didn't want to go to school.
Get the ‘Release Your Overwhelm' Guided Meditation for only $4.99. Bruce Langford helps you abandon your inner blocks. Surrender your stress. Become more focused and raise your personal level of contentment. Achieve more with increased concentration. Download this full-length 30 minute guided meditation by Bruce Langford.