Elisabeth Misner is a Natural Health Practitioner and Meditation Leader. She teaches at the Lake Austin Spa Resort in Austin, TX, as well as at various retreats and conferences around the world. Her latest book, Healing Begins in the Kitchen, tells the story of how her husband, BNI Founder, Dr. Ivan Misner, healed prostate cancer using diet, nutrition, and lifestyle changes. Not long after his recovery, she was also diagnosed with cancer and applied everything she had learned with her husband and more to bring herself back to health with no surgery or radiation. Beth’s focus on the BodyMind is helping many others to heal quickly and naturally from a variety of conditions.
- Website: www.BethMisner.com
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/bethmisner
- Private FB Group: Abundant Health Qigong (Ask to join)
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- Oh, mindfulness has really given me a perspective that emotion is just an emotion. It doesn't control me and I don't have to act on it.
Thoughts on Breathing
- First of all, I love breathing. I'm a big fan of breathing.
- How has it affected my mind? It slows me down. I think it slows my thoughts down and when I have the breath to focus on, it really helps me stay in the present. It's a big cue for me for mindfulness.
- Book: Interior Castle by St. Theresa of Avila
- Book: All Richard Rohr books such as Mindful Silence: The Heart of Christian Contemplation
- Book: Healing Begins in the Kitchen: Get Well and Stay There with the Misner Plan by Elisabeth and Ivan Misner
- Book: Also anything by Joseph Campell such as The Hero With A Thousand Faces
- App: Insight Timer www.InsightTimer.com
- I do have a couple of stories about bullying as it relates to this experience. In the first example, I wasn't quite as competent yet with my mindfulness. It was a very stressful experience. I actually had a very strong reaction was with the oncologist that I went to in the very beginning.
- She really bullied me and even Ivan couldn't believe how she bullied me and was telling me, you know, what are all these vitamins you're taking, you might be hurting yourself and you know, we're going to do it this way and I'm gonna have you do that so I know what kind of chemotherapy to give you. She was being a bully to me and I was asking questions and wanting to get more information and wanting to slow down and she, you know, push, push, push and bullying me.
- And I literally left her office and went into shock. I felt, well, literally going into shock is a little bit different than having a reaction where your immune system; your adrenaline is flowing and you're shaking. It was that kind of a thing, like I was in a state of shock.
- The next time that happened to me, I had a completely different experience and this happened online. I was working in one of the healing cancer naturally facebook groups that I'm in.
- There was a doctor in that group who really flamed me. I was sharing my experience. I wasn't telling anybody else this is what you have to do. And he really blamed me and I gently, with love and tenderness, I stood up for myself and I said, you know, with all due respect, this is not appropriate for you to be speaking to me this way, you know.
- And ultimately what happened was the lady who started the group, banned him from the group because he had been flaming other people as well. She stepped in to kind of protect us from his vitreal, which was very, very nice.
- But I can see the reaction with me was very different and maybe it was because it wasn't face to face and I was already well on the way to recovery.
- All of those dynamics were different, but I can pinpoint that being mindful really had me in my experience and his perspective and opinion did not rattle me at all.
Do you want to become more calm, relaxed, peaceful, and content? If so, you can learn how by downloading this free 'Waves of Content' Meditation by Bruce Langford. Unlock the secrets of calm by downloading the meditation here at www.MindfulnessMode.com/wavesofcontent