Serena Denmark is a certified Hypnotherapy Instructor. She teaches her clients to identify unconscious patterns and use NLP and hypnosis to make deep, rapid, lasting changes. Serena experienced a midlife crisis and came to the conclusion that her beliefs were killing her. That’s when she attended an NLP course where she was the class guinea pig. Through this experience she found her new passion in NLP and never looked back.
- Website: www.BeLimitlessHypnosis.com
- FB: @SerenaDenmark
- FB: Be Limitless With Hypnosis and Other Cool Stuff
Most Influential Person
- Colleen Fletcher (Spiritual Teacher)
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has helped me keep that anchor to calm. It's like the pond or the ocean with the ripples on top and the stillness underneath. Even when I may feel agitated or irritated or annoyed, it's that duel experience, that higher perspective alarm, to observe yourself in the moment. I can feel the ripples, but I still have that stillness underneath.
Thoughts on Breathing
- The breath is so powerful, just physiologically, when you breathe really deeply, you're increasing your intrathoracic pressure which puts stimulation on the vegas nerve which literally slows your heart rate down and interrupts your blood pressure so physiologically, deep breathing calms you down. Also I believe that as we breathe in deeply, we're breathing in prana or chi so we're increasing our wonderful energy that we're bringing into our body. Once you practice the self-hypnosis that's on my website, as soon as you even start to focus on your breathing, you've trained your mind to go into that place of relaxation.
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Downloadable Self-Hypnosis by Warren Martin
- App: N/A
- I grew up in Zambia and I went to a missionary boarding school there. It was kind of in the boonies. It had been started around 1925 and I attended in 1973.
- Everything was kind of set in time. It was really interesting. They had a water wheel to generate electricity. We had electricity four hours a day. No television or radio; completely cut off from the rest of the world. Hot water was a drum that had a fire built underneathe it.
- We were away from our parents and there was no outside input, there was no one to run to and no one to discuss your problems with.
- I think a lot of those schools back in the day were strong on discipline and maybe light on love. Kids are going to find a pecking order. That's just human nature.
- I was at the bottom of that pecking order and there was one girl in particular who kind of pulled the puppet strings of everyone and I had what I considered a best friend.
- We would both be willing to betray and abandon each other if we were chosen to be the favored friend by this girl at the top of the pecking order.
- There was a lot of betrayal, a lot of lost trust and just a very, very, lonely experience. This girl said, you can't sing, your hair's ugly and she had all the power in my mind. I felt bad about myself.
- I didn't really know how to bond with people because I had moved around a lot. I had lost my ability to really open my heart to people and connect in a real way becauase I didn't know how to trust anymore.
- I went to the boarding school from age 10 and was there about 4 years.
- They censored our letters so there was really no communication or way to reach for help.