Cindy Ashton is a performer, singer, musical theatre actress and a blast of energy. She inspires people wherever she goes and is known for her ability to entertain anywhere, anytime on the spot. Her natural ability combined with her Second City comedy improvisation experience has a lot to do with this part of her sparkling personality. She studied performing arts, Opera and Kinesiology so she’s all about movement. One of her most recent projects is a TV show called Cindy Uncorked, described as a daring, hilarious and intelligent talk show that tackles important women's issues from a fresh perspective.
- Website: www.YourPersuasiveVoice.com (For Speaker Training)
- Website: www.CindyUncorked.com (For TV Show)
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- I don't get triggered very often anymore. I find that I don't react. I just listen and am present with people and so I don't take things personally.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Constant. I constantly check in with my breathing throughout the day. Am I breathing down into my pelvic floor? Am I dropping into my body? It's about being mindful of it [breathing], 24-7 so I'm present.
- Book: Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit and Joy in the Female Body by Tami Lynn Kent
- App: Yoga Glo (Over 4000 Yoga classes of all types)
- I've been bullied most of my life until the last few years. As a child, after three heart surgeries, leaving scars on me ... I was born with a twenty percent chance of living.
- The whole left side of my body was structurally damaged at birth. I had to have casts on my legs to learn how to walk. I had a lisp and had to have speech therapy to learn how to speak.
- I was a very deformed looking kid. So I was always the girl who was ugly and unworthy and beat up on the play ground for being ugly and having scars.
- By the time I got to high school it didn't stop. I was the girl who could never get a boyfriend. I was too ugly for any man to ever want to date me or be with me.