Melinda Wittstock is an entrepreneur, journalist, and wonderful example of a mindful person. She runs a company called Verifeed, which uses story and true authenticity to help engage and convert new customers. She not only keeps her company running smoothly, she’s also a traveler, dog owner, and incredible mom. While keeping all these balls in the air, she has a regular routine that includes meditation, exercise, ample sleep, and a generous amount of time with friends.
- Website: www.Verifeed.com
- Special Offer: Free Consultation With Melinda Text the word 'Tribal' to 44222 We will help you find your believer tribe. This is for anyone wanting to learn more about how to use Social Intelligence to advance their business.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Influential Person
- Trish Whynot, Therapist. Also Brene Brown, author.
Effect on Emotions
- Level. Like not being guided by emotions. Realizing that emotions are not me. Thoughts are not me, they're passing things. I don't feel like I'm ruled by my emotions. I'd like to think of mindfulness as consciousness.
Thoughts on Breathing
- That's huge. Just being able to relax and being observant and in the moment. Breathing is critical. Ujjaji breath is a type of deep breathing I got into through yoga. With the 'Whole Aponopono' I've been doing there is a kind of box breath, where you breathe in and you hold it and then you're breathing out and you're holding it and it becomes meditative.
- Book: Mastery of Love / Mastery of Self / The Fifth Agreement by Don Miguel Ruis
- Book: Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More by Joe Vitale
- App: Immrama.org
- I was the kid who was different in every way you could possibly imagine. I was the first kid to have divorced parents in my neighborhood and it made me very sensitive.
- Some of my report cards say that I would just cry. Well, of course, because my whole life was just crazy back then.
- I was also the tallest kid and kind of skinny. I competed in figure skating which meant that I missed a lot of school. So I was different on these accounts.
- I used to get bullied and I used to have this sense of shame like there's something wrong with me. The issue with bullying is that it can last.
- Speaking of limiting beliefs, that's the kind of thing that you can carry with you for your whole life.
- It can leave you with the sense of 'I'm not enough' or 'I can't do it'; even if they're unconscious thoughts. These things sometimes happen very subtly.