Cynthia Jamin is a creative entrepreneur responsible for a million dollar brand called Twirly Girl. She saw a need in the marketplace and she let her creative and business inclinations thrive as she grew her business and her brand. She calls her business a healing and joyous experience. Mindfulness is a central theme in Cynthia's life and in spite of some major challenges, her strong spirit and determination have carried her forward.
- Website: www.TwirlyGirlShop.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact through LinkedIn or Facebook
Most Influential Person
- The Dalai Lama - I've seen lots of clips and movies about him. The way that he approaches everything is so beautiful and so enlightened. How can you come away from that not feeling like, I'm going to try and be a better person?
Effect on Emotions
- I think as I've gotten older, I've learned to trust the moment more instead of trying to figure out the future or shoulder the past. I've learned to trust the moment more and being mindful really allows me to be proud of how I behave because I am taking the time to really think things through; not all the time, but at least I'm aware of what I'm doing which actually makes me feel much more confident.
Thoughts on Breathing
- The breath really gives you inspiration and taking in that breath allows you to take a few seconds to calm the nervous system and allow you to think a little clearer. Just even taking that time and feeling your body. I would say that's the main thing that it does and just connecting myself to all that's around me too.
- Book: The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
- Book: The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- App: Meditation App by David Elliot See www.DavidElliot.com
Advice for Newbie
I think there's so many resources that you can read but I think the most important thing is about asking yourself this question: How present do you want to be in your life? How open do you want to be to the impulses and the energy around you? If you answer, "very", and "yes, I want to be present in my life", then you'll take the steps to do those things. There's so many different ways to be mindful, so it's more important to really set your intention and what your goals are for yourself and for your life.