Dr. Ed Osburn is a top-level Chiropractor who thinks outside the box. When I say that, I mean he has singlehandedly helped hundreds of other Doctors expand from practicing strictly in their own 4 walls of a brick and mortar office and into the expansive on-line world. Many listeners will recognize DrEd’s business name, ‘The Laptop Lifestyle’. Dr. Ed came to a point where he felt the need and desire to expand and in doing so, he became one of the Chiropractic profession’s most distinguished contributors.
- Website: Thelaptoplifestylepodcast.com
- Podcast: The Laptop Lifestyle Podcast
Most Influential Person
- Dr. Karen Osburn (my wife)
Effect on Emotions
- The challenges that I have with my physical health, whether or not my specialist says, "they are autoimmune conditions, they're not stress related" they are. There is a stress component. Being mindful and being self-aware has given me the ease to actually allow my body to heal. There's nothing more powerful than that. When you're given an expirary date on your life, you can take that and use tools such as being self-aware, being mindful, being present to make a physical change to your health. That's as big as it gets.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Whenever I have those moments of self doubt, those moments where I feel attacked or misunderstood, I always check into my breathing. If my breathing is shallow or not that deep, gut breathing, then I'll actually shift, and just start to take those deep breaths. If I do that, I notice that my whole mindset actually changes. It just seems to clear everything. It also gives you that moment to stop and go, "Ok," and make a decision before I react.
- Book: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families by Steven Cubby
- App: Schedule App
Advice for Newbie
Start today. It's all about execution, it's all about taking action. There's no reason, first of all, that you can't start today, it's not like you need any specific tools or strategies. Waiting 24 hours, waiting 48 hours, 72 hours, or six months from now; if the voice is speaking to you, start today.