Abby Hutcheson is a certified health coach who spent years struggling with chaotic eating habits. Like so many others, she experienced the yo-yo diet cycle of eating too little and then overeating. Once she found a balanced system that worked for her, she knew she had to help others do the same. She now helps hundreds of women reach a point where they honor their bodies and feel a sense of peace through mindful eating.
- Website: www.EatWorkPlayBalanced.com
Most Influential Person
- Gabrielle Berstein (Author of May Cause Miracles)
Effect on Emotions
- I definitely think I'm less likely to get super riled up by things that aren't necessary to be. I'm less worried about things I can't control and just feel more calm and positive.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I start my day with purposeful, deep breaths. If I'm starting to feel anxiety rise throughout the day, I take deep breaths, in and out. I take deep breaths before I eat. Basically it's a great fall-back tool. We have to use it because it's the best tool we have.
- Book: Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan For Finding Peace in a Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
- App: RelaxMelodies (You get to design the sounds you're going to be listening to)
Advice for Newbie
Decide why you want mindfulness in your life and what you think it would do to benefit you. If you just start going for it and you don't really know why, you just think, other people do it, then you lmight not stick with it. If you know why you're going to focus on it and tweaking a habit or whatever, then it's much easier to stick with it.