Aaron Watson is a champion of Ultimate Frisbee and he competes in disc golf, Disc Dog (also known as Frisbee Dog), and other flying disc competitions. He is also a coach of Ultimate Frisbee, coaching his team to the championship game of the American Ultimate Disc League, also known as AUDL. At only 24 years old, Aaron is also creator and host of the popular podcast, Going Deep with Aaron Watson, where he talks with a wide array of people about their passions, fears and problems.
- Twitter: @AaronWatson59
- Podcast: Going Deep With Aaron Watson
Most Influential Person
- My coach, Nick Kacznarek from the University of Pittsburgh
Effect on Emotions
- Emotional regulation and trying to be that cold-blooded warrior, the player who has ice in their veins and isn't fazed by a big crowd of bright lights.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Taking slow, deep breaths, whether I'm stressed out, something goes wrong, something falls apart. Taking the deep breaths to get some perspective on the challenges I'm facing, but also just to help regulate my own emotions and get back to a more rational, focused state.
- Book: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- App: The Pomodoro App
Advice for Newbie
I would challenge them to take six great breaths every single day. What that means to me is, five seconds in through your nose, five seconds out. If you take six great breaths of ten seconds each, that's one minute out of your day.