Laura Coe is an entrepreneur, author, and certified life coach working to help you find fulfillment one day at a time through daily emotional workout routines, emotional nutrition, and other tools and insights. She co-founded Litholink Corporation, a healthcare company serving over 350,000 patients per month nationally. When it sold to a Fortune 500 company, she left corporate America to pursue lifelong passions. Now she helps break down monumental life-changing philosophy and ancient wisdom in a way that everyone can apply to their own lives.
Most Influential Person
- Pema Chodron (Author of Start Where You Are and Don’t Bite The Hook)
Effect on Emotions
- It’s been the most important piece because it allows me to have the awareness and then to recognize that to be human is to have emotions and to not judge those emotions. Just to allow them to have a life force of their own. I think the mindfulness practices, the ancient ideas that have been around for thousands of years, they really have figured this out.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I teach pranayama to my coaching clients sometimes. We breathe at the top of our chest. When I learned from my yoga teacher that our lungs are actually around our whole rib cage, and in your back. Breathing is one of the most incredible experiences. To take a deep breath, all the way from the base of your belly, all the way through your chest, into your back. It can get rid of so much emotional stress, it’s amazing.
- Book: Emotional Obesity: A Philosophical Guide to Lighten Your Life by Laura Coe
- Book: Start Where You Are by Pema Chodron
- App: Headspace
- App: 10%Happier
Advice for Newbie
The most important thing I can say is, let go of these ideas that you find on the internet that you have to go to India on a mountaintop or check yourself into some kind of month long program. Just start with anything. There’s a new app out there called 10%Happier. Just start with something. Take 3 minutes to meditate. Just closing your eyes can be enough for you. My real advice is to just do anything, because anything is better than nothing.
Thank You Bonus:
As a thank you for listening, download your Calm Your Busy Mind Infographic. It focuses on breathing, exercise and mantras. Please leave your name and email you’ll receive your infographic in your inbox right away. Download It here.