John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of EOFire, an award winning Podcast where he interviews today's most successful Entrepreneurs 7-days a week. JLD has interviewed over 1300 Entrepreneurs and EOFire generates over 1 million monthly listens. John's latest project is The Freedom Journal; a gorgeous leather bound journal that guides you in accomplishing your #1 goal in 100 days. As a highly respected interviewer, JLD lives ‘in the moment’ with his guests. John is also a veteran of the United States Military, having served in Iraq at the age of 23
- Websites: EOFire.com, TheFreedomJournal.com
Most Influential Person
- Tony Robins
Effect on Emotions
- It has really just made me more present and it has made me just less dramatic of a person. I am not so stressed out about the future and regretting the past and thinks I now can't control. It has just made me more of a present, relaxed and calm individual.
Thoughts on Breathing
- When I meditate every day and I have that headband on that is measuring my brainwaves, when I am doing well it is because I am breathing deeply and really thoughtfully. When I am not I've noticed that my breathing really has shifted and I am not really focused on my deep breathing and more on my shallow breathing, so it's been a big impact.
- Book: The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
- App: calm.com
Advice for Newbie
- Start slow, a couple minutes a day, just sit down and be quiet, just breathe and just close your eyes so you can be present in the moment and focus on your breathing. Go to three minutes and then a couple weeks later go to four. Then maybe if you can invest in yourself or invest in an app or invest in something like this chose muse device that I use which is really powerful and just continue to grow slowly and surely.
Thank You Bonus:
As a thank you for listening to episode 100 with special guest, John Lee Dumas, Founder of EO Fire, I'm giving out Mindfulness Mode coffee mugs to the first five listeners who send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Free Mug' in the subject line. To be eligible, please get on our mailing list by ordering the free Calm Your Busy Mind Infographic. Simply go to mindfulnessmode.com/calm and enter your name and email address.