Alex Charfen has been working since he was eight years old. He sold his first company when he was 16 and another one when he was 21. After dealing with financial challenge due to the economic downfall in 2008, Alex and his wife, Cadey, founded a system to help homeowners in crisis called ‘Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE). This massively successful venture has helped 6-10 million homeowners facing foreclosure.
CHARFEN, the company behind CDPE, grew quickly and appeared on the Inc. Magazine list of fastest-growing private companies in America three years in a row, reaching as high as #21 in 2011. Charfen is now a leading training and consulting organization. Alex uses mindfulness and meditation daily to maintain his edge and continue his momentum.
- Company: http://www.charfen.com
Most Influential Person
- My Wife
Effect on Emotions
- I have learned how to ignore the rest of the worlds judgement on emotion and pursue momentum. I think that for most of us people that think like you and I do have a hard time with happy, sad, frustrated, ticked off, pissed off, and confused, we don't know the difference. For me learning who I really was and getting a higher level of presence showed me that my life's motivation is to create momentum, forward motion and innovation not happiness. That's a bulls**t term that doesn't work for me.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I think there is four pillars to becoming a transformational leader, breathing, hydration, nutrition and movement. Most people would say I was crazy because I didn't name one thing about the functions of being a leader, but if you breathe, you hydrate, you're supported nutritionally and you move an appropriate amount, you will be the most present person in the room.
- Book: The Highest Goal by Michael Ray
- App: Paper and Pen
Advice for Newbie
- Get away from electronics as much as you can and don't turn a screen on in the morning until you have had at least an hour or two of time to become present and plan your day. Then understand your intention for the day and record were you uncomfortable yesterday, that will take you out of the constant reactivity most humans are in today.
Thank You Bonus
As a thank you for listening, download your Fine Tune Your Focus, 5 Day Challenge. Be like my guests, get some meditation happening in your life. I've created 5 free simple, yet inspiring videos to help you get started with meditation. Please leave your name and email you'll receive it in your inbox right away. Download It here.