Jiro Taylor is an adventurer from the heart. He loves surfing, skiing, exploring and digging deep into the philosophy of peak performance. Jiro is fascinated to learn what drives others to satisfy theirhunger for peak performance and he does just that as part of his podcast called Flowstate Performance. Jiro is an avid meditator and mindfulness enthusiast based in Manley, New South Wales, Australia.
- Website: www.flowstatecollective.com
- Podcast: Flowstate Performance
- email: Jiro@theflowstatecollective.com
Most Influential Person
- Thich Nhat Hanh
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has allowed me to have the superpower to observe a thought before it's fully developed and therefore to make the choice as to whether I want to transform that thought or let it run. This has meant that I can abort thoughts or I can shift negative thoughts into positive thoughts or judgmental thoughts into more reasonable thoughts. This has had a huge effect on my self-worth and my compassion that I feel for other people.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is the anchor to the here and now. Breathing is our life force. Breath is everything. When we breathe mindfully and deeply we are actually putting ourselves into a different autonomic nervous state, a very calm and relaxed state.
- Book: The Art of Meditation by Matthieu Ricard (The Happiest Man in the World)
Advice for Newbie
Just do it and enjoy the practice. This is not an arduous task or a thing you have to strive toward. This is about coming home to who you really are. This is about catharsis and release, self therapy and self love.